Creating a Google account
- Get yourself a Google account over at google.com, if you don't already have one.
- Sign into your account, then access the My Account link in the top right.
- Under My Products click More.
- Click Calendar, under the Communicate, show & share section. Sign in if prompted.
- Fill out the information fields to create your calendar, and click Continue.
- At this point you should now have a Google Calendar!
From your iPhone/iPod Touch:
- Click Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account... > Other > Add CalDAV Account
- Use the information provided, for the fields below. Replace USERNAME@gmail.com with your Google user account. IE firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
*The iPhone/iPod Touch recognizes, and renames the server to be www.google.com, but the full path is used.
Username: your full user account IE firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Description: A description to label the Calendar on your iPhone. *By default the iPhone/iPod Touch labels it as Google.
3. Click Next.
4. Once the account is verified, click the Home button, and open the Calendar application.
5. Click Calendars button at the top left, scroll down and note your new Google CalDAV account you've just added and enjoy!